Tuesday, January 7, 2014

IT'S CONFESSION TIME!

OK! There is an old saying that goes "confession is good for the soul". Not exactly scripture but it is still true. The bible says in James 5: 6 to "confess your sins to each other and pray for one another that you may be healed" So I am going to make a confession here for all the world to see.


My confession: I have been distracted. Distracted from my calling, distracted from my sheep, distracted from my family and more. I have been self centered. I have not seen it as self-centeredness, but it was. See, the church that I pastor has been under incredible financial stress during this recent recession. On top of that, I have faced and dealt with (not necessarily well) some very painful personnel situations. Add all this up and I have allowed myself to be distracted from the important things and become self centered on myself. My "ministry", my "reputation", my "feelings", my "income", my "success" (or lack thereof). That's it! My - my - my - my. Listen, I'm not saying we shouldn't take care of ourselves and I'm not saying we personally don't need ministry, but what I'm am saying is that my life has been extremely unbalanced and well ... self centered. 


Well, that is my confession! Now what am I going to do with it? Come back for my next blog entry to read all about it.