Wednesday, April 27, 2011

God understands our tears

Read: John 11

John 11: 35 says, “Jesus wept”

Those two words speak volumes, don’t they? This probably isn’t the best translation. What it ought to say is that Jesus burst into tears. This is not a misty eyed response. This is one of those moments where Jesus loses it in compassion for his friends who have lost their brother. I don’t know about you, but that does something for me. We have a savior, a high priest who is able to sympathize with our weaknesses, who is deeply moved, who cries when we cry. He cries when we cry, but what I love is that He has the power to do something about it. There are moments in my life when I need someone to cry with me. But there are moments when I need someone who can do something about it.

We have both in Jesus.

WATCH EASTER SUNDAY SERVICE AT GULF COAST ASSEMBLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment