Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Won't Go On Without It!

2 Kings 6: 1-7

In our text, we find a school of prophets being led, or instructed by the Prophet Elisha.  We find that these young prophets or disciples feel that they have outgrown their present facilities.

We don’t know how long they had been in those facilities but they reached a place in time where the walls were closing in on them, they were feeling pressured, uncomfortable, They felt it was time for expansion.

In other words: They out grew their environment.

It is perfectly normal that in the process, of growth and maturity that as we grow into some things we also grow out of others.

I don’t wear the same size shoes I did when I was 5 years old.
I don’t read the same material I read when I was 5 or 10 years old.
I don’t think like I thought when I was 5 years old.

I out grew something’s.

Some of you are stuck in an environment that is too small for you because you refuse to change, you refuse to let go of what you are familiar with and comfortable with even though it’s causing you grief and pain.

Some of you need to reevaluate your friendship circle; because God is trying to take you somewhere but short sighted, low living, lukewarm people are holding you back.

I made up my mind a long time ago, that if you can’t handle where I’m going I have to cut you loose.  I love you but I can’t let you hold God’s church back.

Abraham knew when he was headed up the mountain with Isaac, everybody couldn’t handle what he was getting ready to do, so he left the young men at the bottom of the mountain with the ass.

Ge 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

It doesn’t make you any better than anybody else, it just means you are more determined to fulfill your God given destiny.

Every man took a beam:

This means each man must carry his share of the load. It means that each person must be personally involved and committed to the work, and each person must make a personal investment.

They cut down wood: (They went to work).

It’s amazing how many people want something for nothing.
They want a great church but they want the Pastor to build it.
They want a great marriage, but they don’t want to take time to cultivate and nurture that relationship.
They want prosperity but they don’t want to have to work for it.

The door to success is marked PUSH.

That means if you want something in life, you have to work for it.

So what are you waiting for, Get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment